For those who are used to comfort, going camping can be a hassle if you don’t have some of the usual equipment. This mainly concerns sanitary facilities. This is why some manufacturers are currently offering equipment such as portable toilets or inflatable beds on the market.
For this comparison, we will talk about solar showers. We will teach you how to choose them according to criteria such as capacity, the size of the knob or the weight of the item in question. And to help you make your selection, we are already suggesting the top-rated products of the moment in our ranking. If you don’t have the time to look at all of them, we recommend the Advanced Elements SS760 with its large 19 L capacity or the Nemaxx SD20X with its ability to heat water up to 60°C.
Top 5 Best Solar Showers of 2020
1. Advanced Elements Solar Shower
Choosing which is the best solar shower on the market may seem easy at first. However, if you neglect certain criteria, you may end up with a specimen that does not meet your requirements. If you are planning to spend a considerable amount of time camping in the mountains, we offer the Advanced Elements SS760.
According to the test carried out by some consumers, this product would be solid. When you look at it, you might not believe it, but this water balloon is indeed strong. It can hold up to 19 liters. This capacity will allow you to use this equipment for several days without having to refill it.
Moreover, thanks to its compact size, you’ll have no trouble carrying it with you on your mountain hikes. This will allow you to move around without too many constraints to enjoy your activity to the fullest.
- Versatile: This item can be considered the best solar shower at the moment. Indeed, unlike other column specimens, this one can not only be installed in the garden near the pool, but you can also take it with you for your outings in nature.
- Capacity: This is 19 L, enough for two people for about 3 to 4 days without recharging.
- Working speed: Its design with 4 folds with an insulating panel allows the heat of the water faster.
- Does not hang: Contrary to what one might think, the rings on the product are there only to guarantee its stability when flat.
2. Nemaxx SD35FX Solar Shower
If you don’t know how to choose the best solar shower of 2020, make your selection according to your expectations for the equipment in question. If you run a campsite or hotel with a swimming pool, this article from Nemaxx could be a good alternative.
This model has several interesting comfort features. The reservoir can hold up to 20 liters of water so you don’t have to fill it up at every turn. The maximum temperature can be up to 60°C. However, you will be able to condition it according to your preferences and desires thanks to the mixer tap that this product is equipped with.
You can also adjust the shower head to suit your personal preferences. This will make it easier for you to wash under any circumstances.
The heating time is relatively short. It is 30 minutes on a sunny day. You won’t have to wait too long to wash.
- Easy to assemble: Consumers who have already tested this product say it is easy to assemble. You won’t have to waste a lot of time in this operation. It will only take a few minutes.
- Ergonomic: This equipment can heat up in 30 minutes if the sun’s rays are strong enough. The maximum temperature that can be reached is 60°C. However, if this is too high for you, you can always go lower thanks to the integrated mixer tap.
- Good capacity: The tank of this solar shower can hold up to 20 L of water.
- Manufacturing: Some users say that this item is a bit fragile.
3. High Peak Solar Shower
Buying a solar shower is not as easy as it sounds. To determine which product will best suit your needs, you will have to compare several specimens with each other. This one, for example, is appreciated for its practicality. It is intended for camping and mountain hiking enthusiasts.
The capacity of this model is 20 L. Thanks to this, you will be able to hold several days in the forest without having to fill it up. You may not even have to do this until you finish your activities. Also, this item may be suitable for two people.
The design of this specimen makes it durable. Indeed, the film which composes it has been manufactured with PVC. However, please do not handle it too much.
When you turn on, this equipment rolls up. Thanks to this, you won’t have to carry it with you along your journey.
- Capacity: With its 20 L tank, you can be quiet for 2 to 3 days if you are two to use the product. So you won’t have to look all over the field for a source of water to fill it up.
- Practical design: This product rolls upon itself to make it smaller for your travels. It won’t clutter up your stuff. Also, this item has been made of PVC to guarantee its sturdiness.
- Plastic tongs: According to the users, a tap would have been more effective in stopping and running the water. The device chosen here breaks easily.
4. Linxor France Solar Shower Bag
Finding a quality product can be difficult when you don’t know which brand to go for. Linxor is one of the most sought-after brands in the industry. One example of this is the CE-compliant model.
This shower is all the more appreciated for its high capacity. It can hold up to 40 liters of water. Thanks to this feature, this specimen can become your best camping companion, especially if the stay is long.
As for the heating time, it remains more or less fast. For one hour you will gain 20 °C, for 2 hours 30 °C and in 3 hours you will reach 45 °C. The maximum temperature provided by this solar shower is 48 °C.
Designed in PVC, this product is adapted to accompany you efficiently in your travels. To install it, a suspension rope is delivered in the batch.
- Large capacity: This product is suitable for up to 40 L of water. This is most appreciable when camping when the supply point is still far away. Also, thanks to this capacity, you will be able to last a week if you are alone.
- Attractive price: This is one of the cheapest items we offer in this buying guide.
- Warm-up time: In 3 hours, you can reach a maximum temperature of 48°C. However, if 20°C is enough for you, you can take a shower in one hour.
- Weight: Given its capacity, it is difficult to expect this product to be light. When full, it weighs no less than 40 kg.
5. Risepro Solar Shower Bag
This shower from Risepro presents an original design for this type of product. Indeed, this is a solar shower bag. Straps are therefore available to hang this equipment high up and facilitate its installation. This specimen is ideal for camping and any other activity of the same kind.
Thanks to its capacity of 40 liters, this model is perfect for two people. However, its weight when full can become restrictive. It can weigh up to 40 kg.
As for the maximum temperature reached by this equipment, it is 45°C. This is more than enough to ensure optimum comfort when washing outdoors.
As far as its composition is concerned, the manufacturer has taken care to choose environmentally friendly materials. On the other hand, they are also leak-proof.
- A considerable capacity: 40 liters of water is no mean feat. If you want to go hiking or climbing as a couple, this equipment will meet your needs.
- Warm-up time: by leaving this shower exposed to the sun for three hours, you can get hot water at 45°C.
- Temperature indicator: With this device, you will know when you can wash.
- Note: According to the users, the instruction manual is illegible. This leads to some constraints in the use of the product.
At a time when environmental protection has become a daily goal, the use of solar showers has become widespread. It simply refreshes you or rinses you off after a swim. In case you don’t have one yet, this buying guide for the best solar showers can help you find your way around more easily.
To make it easier for you to know which is the best solar shower on the market, you must first look at the capacity of its tank. This is a factor that varies depending on the item you choose. During your research, you may see models with a tank capacity of about 10 liters. On the other hand, some models can hold up to 70 liters. Therefore, it is important to determine what you intend to use before making a decision.
That said, if you want to buy a shower for infrequent use such as rinsing or simply refreshing yourself, all you need to do is choose a 12-liter system. Also, there is no need to make a large investment if the device is only used for decoration. However, if you are planning to use the shower for more extensive use, choose models between 50 and 70 liters. However, a 25-liter volume may be suitable if you need an average capacity.
Also, it is essential to take into account the number of people using the device. To make things simpler, a 25-liter tank can be enough to take 5 to 6 showers if you rinse quickly.
Size of the knob
If you can’t figure out how to buy a more cost-effective solar shower, focus on the size of the showerhead. The main thing to consider is the water flow rate, which is an essential point about water consumption. At this point, you can choose between conventional or economical jet models.
In the first case, the jets are more powerful and the consumption is therefore higher. On the other hand, if you opt for economical devices, you will be able to control water expenses. Otherwise, the swivel knob is also a good choice because it allows you to optimize rinsing.
Apart from the head, other equipment is also available for this type of shower to enhance comfort and practicality of use. So, you should take a look at these components to find out if they will be of great use to you. Among them, there is the thermometer, which is essential to avoid burning yourself, the faucet with a mixer tap or the foot-rinse.
This list can be extended depending on the model you plan to order. On the other hand, don’t forget that the addition of extra equipment also entails a higher cost. If you’re looking for a well-equipped shower, then you need to plan a large budget.
Weight, design, and cost
If you choose to install a fixed solar shower near your pool, be aware that its weight will have an impact on the installation. This is why it is necessary to find out about this during the purchase. Of course, lighter items are easier to install and do not create many constraints. Besides, weight plays a key role if the shower is intended for nomadic use such as camping.
Apart from these criteria, the design of this device should not be put aside. When you choose a model to be installed at the edge of your pool, its appearance should not be neglected. If you look further, you will find that solar showers are available in a variety of designs. There is also a huge choice in terms of complexion. On the other hand, products with rather bright colors are recommended since they inevitably evoke beautiful days.
Once you’ve gone through these features, all you have to do is determine the cost of the item to determine how to choose the best sun showers for 2020. The cost usually varies depending on the materials used to make the product. If you want to buy a plastic model, it will cost between 80 and 200 dollars. This is the most affordable category on the market.
On the other hand, showers made of aluminum cost from $200 to $700. Moreover, you can always compare several offers before making up your mind. That way, you can find products that offer the best value for money. Finally, you can find this material in specialist shops and retailers. Alternatively, you can buy online to take advantage of free delivery.