Every moment you spend in your bathroom should be synonymous with well-being and comfort. And to effectively achieve this goal, you must take care of the equipment you install in it. Whether it is for a first installation or a renovation of your bathroom, make sure you invest in the best shower faucet.
Before you buy this product, you must ask yourself a few questions: what type of faucet do you need? Does the model of your choice ensure the safety of the user? And finally, is the design of the faucet right for you?
Once you have answered these questions, you will have no trouble recognizing the best references such as Grohe 23340000 and its famous adjustable flow limiter, or Amzdeal thermostatic mixing valve which gives users the benefit of an anti-scald system.
The 5 Best Shower Faucets of 2020
1. Grohe Single-lever shower mixer Bauloop 23340000
For more than 80 years, the German brand Grohe has specialized in the manufacture of sanitary products for the kitchen and bathroom. Choosing a shower faucet from the Grohe is already a first step towards achieving your goals. And as proof, see what awaits you with the model 23340000 that we present here.
Manufactured in an elegant and simple design, it is an accessory that, in addition to its usefulness, brings a touch of modernity to your bathroom. It will also allow you to make considerable savings in water as its structure allows you to save several liters per minute and thus avoid wastage.
And if this mixer tap is so popular, it is also thanks to the typical system of the brand, with which it is equipped. These include Grohe SilkMove, which gives you more precise control over the water flow and prevents the risk of burns, or Grohe StarLight, a manufacturing process to ensure the robustness of the material.
- Safe: Grohe considers itself to be the best brand of shower faucets thanks to the various technologies it imposes on its products. The German brand comes with a 5-year warranty on this faucet.
- Economical: This accessory also allows you to save precious water. Indeed, the manufacture of the faucet gives you the possibility to limit your consumption to 5.7 liters of water per minute.
- Requires a little strength: According to some users, the handle of this mixer tap is quite difficult to turn.
2. Amzdeal Thermostatic Mixing Valve Anti-Burn Shower
How to choose the best shower faucets of 2020? For most users, safety is a criterion that provides a quick answer to this question. Thanks to its anti-scald system with a 38°C stop, you can easily avoid accidents when using this faucet. So if you have children at home, know that they have a very safe accessory when they take their bath.
Turning with thermostatic technology, temperature control is also very precise. Depending on your expectations and needs, you can easily adjust the outlet temperature so that the water has a temperature between 20 and 50°C.
As hygiene of all tap accessories is essential, the manufacturers have made sure that a simple sponge and water is all that is needed to make this mixer tap shine. Since you have complete control over the water flow, you can also make valuable savings on water.
- Easy installation: If you don’t yet know which shower faucet to choose, don’t hesitate to put easy-to-install models like this one at the top of the list. Simply follow the detailed instructions in the installation manual for its installation.
- Solid: Made of brass, this is a shower faucet that will last over the long term and is extremely solid.
- Insufficient materials: When installing this product, some users have noticed that the elbow adapters supplied with the product would not have been sufficient for mounting.
3. DP Bath Naranjo Faucet Chrome plated shower mixer
Although it is not as popular as the other top brand models in this ranking, this entry-level shower mixer deserves your full attention. Featuring a chrome design, it blends in easily with all the accessories in your bathroom.
The second great advantage of this product is its ease of installation. Delivered with a ready-made mounting kit, a bracket, a hand shower, and a shower hose, you just have to follow the few steps outlined in the installation manual to take advantage of all the promises given by the manufacturer.
Before buying your shower faucet, also consider the materials used in the manufacture of the accessory in question. In this particular model, we find zinc and brass. The main reason why these materials are also popular is that they are the most durable.
- Easy to maintain: Normally, you want to compare the different models to see which is the easiest to maintain. If this is a must for you, you should know that this product is one of the easiest to maintain on the market.
- Versatile: The versatility of this product is ensured by its threaded bushings. This instrument will allow users to adapt the shower faucet to the various hose outlets.
- Non-standard spacing: Be careful to check the compatibility of this shower faucet with your equipment before buying. If it can be qualified as being the most efficient, the fact that its center distance is 140 mm does not make it a standard product.
4. Grohe 34558000 Grohtherm 800 Thermostatic mixing valve
What is the best shower faucet on the market? If you’re asking yourself this question at a time when new technology is increasingly advanced, most of the models on the list are thermostatic models. Understanding how important this is, Grohe has several references that meet this need, including this one.
Offering users the ability to effectively control temperature and water flow, this model has everything it takes to create a comfortable environment in your bathroom. With SafeStop technology, its use makes the bath or shower more serene.
With the EcoJoy system, the Grohe brand offers users the opportunity to save money on your water bill. In what way? Simply by allowing you to adjust the water flow with the greatest precision.
- Economical: When users are asked where to buy the best shower faucet, the answers are mixed. However, when it comes to finding the most economical faucet, Grohe 34558000 is among the most recommended models, thanks to the EcoJoy system.
- Durable: If it is not the cheapest model in our comparison, it is one of the strongest on the market. Indeed, the manufacturer has used only high-quality materials in its manufacture and this is evident.
- Noisy: According to the test of some users, the mixer emits a certain vibration which causes quite annoying noises in the pipes.
5. Kinse Single-lever mixer Cascade Bathtub with Faucet Shower Tap
Who says you have to go through a tedious installation before you can enjoy the benefits of a shower mixer? With this cascade shower mixer from Kinse, all you need is the right materials and you’re ready to go. Delivered as a set, this 2-in-1 product can be used both as a hand shower and as a cascade mixer. This has enabled the brand to meet the needs of all users.
But since you don’t want to spoil the decoration of your bathroom, you don’t want to neglect the aesthetic side of the product. If this is the case, be serene, because this model is made to meet this expectation. The chrome plating adds a touch of shine and the structure is quite pleasant, whatever the style of your bathroom.
To meet the expectations of users, this mixer tap also features water-saving technology. Besides, the CE certification and guarantee are a guarantee of quality that cannot be ignored.
- Quick installation: Unlike some other models, the installation of this mixer requires no special knowledge on your part. On the contrary, many people have no DIY skills but have managed to install it in a few minutes.
- Complete: This is a 2-in-1 product: a hand shower and a cascade mixer. This guarantees you a varied use and therefore meets all your needs.
- Marks easily: Buyers have noticed that water splashes mark too quickly and easily. It is therefore essential to clean it regularly.
The shower faucet is an essential piece of bathroom equipment. Just for that reason alone, you have to be careful when looking for one on price comparison. Indeed, several parameters must be taken into consideration, especially if you want to know how to buy a shower faucet with a better price-quality ratio.
When you browse through a buying guide for the best shower faucets, you’ll probably find paragraphs about which type to choose. Indeed, on the market, you will be confronted with two main categories about this type of equipment.
First, you may come across the mixer. This is the most common model on the market and the oldest. It has two handles, one for hot water and one for cold water. It then gives you the possibility to gauge precisely the temperature at which you would like to shower.
On the other hand, you are dealing with so-called “mixer taps”. They have only one activation system. They are appreciated for their ease of use. Simply turn them up and down to adjust the flow rate and left and right to change the heat intensity.
Before wondering where to buy a new shower faucet at the moment, you need to address one key issue, which is safety in use. Indeed, this criterion should be one of the parameters that you should prioritize before making any transaction. To this end, manufacturers have equipped most of their models with innovative technologies that will ensure you can use them safely.
Connoisseurs will usually give you advice on this subject. They will direct you to specimens with a safety system that will allow you to effectively manage the heat intensity of the water, usually below 38°C. This ensures that you can use your equipment safely, especially if you have a small child at home.
On other prototypes, you will find mechanisms to insulate the device from high temperatures. In this way, there is no risk of burning yourself. We also recommend taps with rounded shapes to reduce injuries in the event of a fall.
Nowadays, the shower faucet tends to become an ornamental object in its own right in the bathroom. Indeed, the decoration option is added to its main functionality, and it is important to choose its design carefully to complement the visual comfort it provides.
You will need to get your hands on a piece of equipment whose aesthetics are in harmony with the style of the room in which it is installed. In the shops, you are dealing with many specimens that come in a variety of styles: classic, retro or even modern.
You can also rely on the materials and finishes: chrome or shiny brushed stainless steel or rustic copper. However, take a look at your portfolio, because if you are tempted by a model that combines efficiency and design, you usually have to put a price tag on it.