It has been proven time and time again that gardening is good for your health. And if you have green hands and gardening is a real passion for you, you probably know that a robotic lawn mower is a must to make your green space welcoming and beautiful.
The main advantage of such a device is that it is completely autonomous. You don’t need to be there to operate it. If you have to go on vacation, just program it and it does the job on its own. And it doesn’t consume any fuel. So it’s more environmentally friendly and will also save you money.
However, choosing a model that suits you is no easy task. That’s why we’ve put together a shortlist of 6 products that might help you. For example, you’ll find the Husqvarna Automower 420, an all-terrain machine that also has a mulching function. You can also opt for the Gardena 04071-60 R40Li, which is extremely quiet and has excellent slope control.
The 6 Best Robotic Mowers in 2020
1. Husqvarna Automower 420 Electric Robot Mower
- Mulching function: Equipped with a fertilization system, this is the best lawn mowing robot that can make your lawn beautiful thanks to the fact that it can deposit natural plant fertilizers on the ground.
- Autonomous battery: It is a device capable of automatically recharging its battery without any intervention on your part. You only have to compare it to its peers to see for yourself.
- All-terrain: Its 4-wheel drive allows it to adapt to all surfaces, even the most difficult terrain. It automatically detects its passages and deflects any obstacle in its path.
- Complicated maintenance: The underside of the unit requires cleaning at least once a week.
2. Gardena 4071-60 R40LI Electric Robot Mower
- Quiet machine: Sometimes you may forget that your robot is working because you won’t notice any noise or nuisance while your lawn is being mowed.
- An unbeatable result: Thanks to its random movement and sharp blades, this device will make your lawn as smooth as possible by erasing all traces in its path.
- Slope control: It has intelligent behavior to slopes up to 25%.
- Limited land: Designed for medium areas, it can mow only 400m2.
3. McCulloch ROB R1000 Lawnmower
If you’re wondering how to choose the best robot lawnmowers of 2020, McCulloch has made a cheaper, but high-performance model for you. Thanks to its ROB R1000 model, you no longer have to worry about planning your lawn mowing schedule, it can do the job on its own while you do other activities. Simply program it and you can enjoy your time without worrying about the appearance of your garden.
If you’re afraid of disturbing those around you or your neighbors, don’t worry, because the unit is very quiet and makes no noise. Equipped with its mulching function, this robot mower can transform the cut grass into 100% natural fertilizer, making your lawn much more fertile. The McCulloch ROB R1000 stands out for its speed and efficiency.
It has been designed to automatically cut small and medium-sized lawns within a perimeter of 1000 m². It is a real innovation that can recharge itself without you having to keep a close eye on it. If you are still thinking about which robotic mower to choose, order McCulloch ROB R1000 and you will have no regrets.
- Safety: To avoid colliding with obstacles, this robot is equipped with collision sensors allowing it to modify its trajectory.
- Easy to install: It is not complicated to install this model, it only takes a few minutes and everything is ready. This device is also easy to handle.
- An important innovation: All you have to do is program your machine to run automatically. It returns to the docking station when the battery runs low.
- Limited mowing: It is only intended for small and medium-sized lawns.
4. Bosch Indego S+ 350 connected robot mower
Discover the simplest model to use by choosing the best brand of robotic lawnmowers, which is none other than Bosch. With its Indego 350 Connect model, you no longer need to move around to mow your lawn. Simply control the device from your smartphone or tablet and it goes to work. This small robot has a more comprehensive function that allows it to perform mowing in record time.
Thanks to the Logicut, a navigation system set up to map its working area, this machine moves more precisely, unlike many models of other brands that execute a random movement. According to expert opinion, this device is at the top of the range of robotic lawnmowers with 18V battery voltage.
Indeed, its cutting speed of 40 cm/s, its 3 rotating blades with a width of 19 cm and its ability to mow a flat or sloping surface of up to 350 m2 categorize its above-average performance for the same type of robot.
Its mowing speed is 40 cm/second, which allows it to accomplish its mission fairly quickly. And when it needs to be recharged, it only takes 45 minutes after which the robot can resume its tasks. What’s more, because it has a very ergonomic screen, you can have all the information you want in real-time.
- Remote function: Even several miles away from your home, you can program your device from a smartphone or tablet using the Bosch Robots connected application.
- Speed: It can perform a 40 cm/s cut with an impeccable mowing result.
- Surprising functionality: This small device is equipped with a sensor system allowing it to bypass obstacles in the execution of its activity.
- Limited mowing time: It is impossible to carry out two successive mowings on large areas, as the battery life is only 30 min.
5. Yard Force Robot Mower SA500ECO Autonomous 500m² Mowing
You have a garden of about 500 m2 and you want to maintain it without it becoming a painful chore? This is the best time to discover this Yard Force model, ideal for maintaining your lawn. This mowing robot is very easy to program and can adapt to uneven terrain. It perfectly controls slopes up to plus or minus 50%.
You will find in any comparison that it is a noise-free device at only 67 dB that can operate for several hours thanks to its Samsung Lithium-Ion battery. Equipped with three blades assembled on a rotating disc, this robot mower is very precise in terms of cutting grass.
It can cut a width of 18 cm and a height that can be adjusted between 20 and 60 mm in a single pass.
Given the result of its work, easier installation, fairly affordable price, and water resistance, it is a real dream tool for all gardeners. It is also protected by a PIN code, making its security system foolproof. It also has several sensors that allow it to dodge obstacles and automatically stop the blades if it is lifted, tilted or overturned.
- Water-resistant: You don’t have to worry about its condition while it rains, as this unit is solid and can work perfectly even in stormy weather.
- Easy to use: No specific tutorial is needed, it is very easy to program thanks to its intuitive control panel.
- Economical battery: The Samsung 28V / 2Ah Lithium-Ion battery is very advantageous for long-lasting mowing.
- Device not connected: It cannot be controlled remotely. It is necessary to position the boundary cable before programming it.
6. Worx Landroid WR140 Robot Mower WORRX
If you’ve been looking for a lawn mower robot that’s been designed to mow the edge of your lawn for a long time, this model from Worx is just what you need. This is because this part of your lawn is much more difficult to arrange than the area of the green space. It requires a very specific device to get good results.
This is a highly technological device that you can even control remotely for greater convenience. To do this, you will need to install a dedicated application called SmartHome on your mobile device. It is available on both iOS and Android. Program as much as you want your mowing. Even if you are far from home, you can easily start the robot to do its job.
The high performance of this model also comes from the fact that it is equipped with patented AIA technology, which gives it all the qualities needed to mow your lawn properly. Starting up is very simple. Simply press a button and it’s ready to go. To ensure optimal mowing, the robot can go forwards and backward.
The orange color of this device is remarkably aesthetic. Moreover, its sound level is 68 dB. The cord is 10 meters long, which is still long enough for the robot to move as you wish.
- Remotely controllable: It is entirely possible to control this model remotely through a SmartHome application that you can download and install on your mobile device. So, as long as you have it with you, you can start the robot wherever you are.
- AIA patented technology: Thanks to this, the quality of this hardware is undisputed. You can acquire it with your eyes closed.
- Convenient for lawn edges: The aesthetics of your lawn does not only depend on the quality of the mowing on the surface but also the quality of the edges. Luckily, this unit was designed for this purpose.
- Heavy: Weighing 16.5 kilograms, this model is very heavy. It is difficult to move it.
Much of the maintenance of a garden consists of cutting the grass. While some people use a hand tool, those with a fairly large lawn will need an electric machine to do the job properly. This not only prevents fatigue but also ensures a satisfactory result. This buying guide for the best robotic lawn mowers will help you find a reliable product. You will find tips on how to use it and what features to take into account.
To find out how to buy a more cost-effective robot lawnmower, start with capacity. There is no need to buy an item that is too powerful or a model that will not be able to do the job properly.
To do this, you will need to determine the size of the garden to be treated and choose a unit that offers 20% more capacity than the area. This will allow you to use the machine at full power without the risk of damaging it quickly.
This performance is also ideal because the ground will not necessarily be flat and free of any obstacles. It must include a crossing capacity, especially if your exterior is sloping. The designers of this type of machine have planned a mowing area ranging from 250 m² to approximately 10,000 m². Once you have determined this characteristic, all you have to do is visit a price comparison to find an affordable specimen.
This criterion is indispensable for all consumers. The first point not to be overlooked is whether the specimen purchased has a power cable or not.
In general, people prefer to buy a battery-powered device to avoid cluttering up with the wire. Of course, autonomy must be good enough to cover the area to be mowed. Besides, some people choose this option because these models can avoid obstacles. They can indeed recognize the color of the grass, which is ideal when you have various plants and decorative objects in the garden.
In the case of a wired robot, some electrical installations are required. Plugs must be placed in the field to power this device. This will allow the user to take care of the lawn without waiting hours for the machine to be charged.
Several characteristics come into play when choosing this type of device. The first is the technology onboard. Some are designed to do the basics, that is, cut the grass. Others have a vacuum cleaner to pick up the twigs immediately. In the latter case, a receiving bag is usually installed on the product.
Next, check the blades used by the unit. There are usually two of them with different functions, including cutting and shredding. With the second one, you will not have to pick up, as the ground grass will be used as a natural fertilizer.
Consumption must also be taken into account. Be aware that an efficient machine uses 1 kWh per mowing. To save money, consider buying a model with a lithium-ion battery. The average autonomy is 2 or 3 hours.
However, it is possible to find an item that can last up to 10 hours. Knowing all of this helps determine where and how to buy a new robotic lawnmower.