Swimming pool heaters are indispensable when you have to train in winter or want to swim but the water is freezing cold. With this equipment, you can enjoy good night-time swimming at will. However, a question arises among consumers: how do you choose the best pool water heaters for 2020?
To answer this question, and before considering buying any model, we recommend that you read through this guide. Learn more about the design, the power, ease of installation and use of this type of device before buying. And if you’re wondering which is the best pool heater on the market, the HT30220 from Intex could suit you with its performance, or the Bestway BW58259 with its modern and uncommon technology.
Top 5 Best Pool Water Heaters of 2020
1. Intex Pool Heater 3kw
When purchasing this type of equipment, we always recommend that you compare brands and turn to the expert in the field. For swimming pool equipment, Intex is probably the most requested by consumers. Although it has not been officially voted the best brand of pool heater on the market, it does provide users with some of the most interesting devices.
This manufacturer’s specimen is especially appreciated by users for its performance. In fact, this appliance is capable of heating a cubic meter of water to 1°C in one hour for a maximum water volume of 17 m3. Although it is quite greedy in terms of electricity consumption with its 3 kWh, its efficiency seems indisputable.
This model is 25.1 cm long, 25.1 cm wide and 45.1 cm high. With these dimensions, it can fit easily into your space and will not hinder you in your travels. It is also easy to transport with its 2.5 kg.
- Efficient: Even if the temperature of your pool drops significantly, the device can raise it in a few hours.
- Convenient size: This modestly sized model fits easily into your pool area. What’s more, its weight won’t cause you to worry about clutter if you have to move it from one point to another.
- Greedy: Users say they would have preferred to have an automatic shutdown system in case of non-use. When they forgot to turn it off, they realized that it was inflating their electricity consumption for the month.
2. Bestway 58259 Electric Heater
Experts will recommend Bestway if you don’t know where to buy the best pool water heater. It is one of the most popular and reputable brands on the market. This reference of the brand remains one of the most interesting because it has received positive feedback from the majority of buyers.
This is due to the presence of its flow sensor integrated into the machine. This technology allows the machine to automatically detect and regulate the flow of water through the connection pipes to avoid possible overheating.
This specimen is also appreciated for its simple handling. The control buttons have been arranged so that you can understand how it works at a glance. To install it, it is immediately connected to the filtration system of your pool.
- Flow sensor: Thanks to this innovative technology, this model is able to regulate the flow of water circulating in the system. It can be efficiently activated without you having to intervene to make adjustments.
- Easy to use: It is equipped with an intuitive control interface. The on/off button, which is quite bright, can be seen from a distance. So you won’t make any mistakes when using it.
- Instructions for use: Users claim that some data is missing from the instructions for use of the equipment. A few have ended up with a system error that is not mentioned in the manual.
3. Nemaxx Solar Heater
Enjoy the comfort of a heated pool without having to worry about the impact on your electricity bill with this model from Nemaxx. Indeed, this equipment works like a solar panel and does not require any connection to the mains. You will then be able to benefit from a specimen that is both economical and ecological.
This equipment is set up instinctively. Its handling does not require any particular skill as you only need to connect the pipes to your pool. Foldable and transportable, this product is also practical when you are on the move. As for its storage, you can fold it on itself and save space.
In terms of performance, this solar material is capable of increasing the water temperature by up to 5°C. The fact that this model is foldable does not detract from its robustness. It is equipped with a filter to protect against humidity and the many external weathering factors.
- Easy to install: This model has no control buttons or control buttons. Just follow the various connections required and it will be immediately operational.
- Robust equipment: This specimen is made entirely of high-quality plastic and is weatherproof. It is also waterproof. This structure protects all splashes if you have to install it around your pool.
- Preferred location: Users say that you will need to be meticulous in choosing where to place the product. If you have pets, it is preferable to position it high up.
4. Intex Solar pool heating Carpet
The Intex brand is not limited to the design of electrical equipment, you may also come across solar equipment, as in the example of this reference.
The practicality of this device lies in the fact that it does not require the main connection for its power supply. It is then operational at any time, as long as you expose it sufficiently to the sun’s rays. At full power, it is capable of saving your entire swimming pool 3 to 5 °C.
This 120 cm long and wide equipment seems to last longer than the portable versions. Entirely made of PVC, it is robust and weatherproof. This item comes with practical accessories despite the fact that it is not expensive. Installation is simplified with the connection hose, two adapters, and a Bypass kit.
- Easy to install: the layout of this model is done in no time at all. As soon as you have chosen its location, all you have to do is position and fix it. The water heater only requires compatible connections.
- Supplied accessories: a connection pipe, 2 adapters, and a Bypass kit are supplied with this item. So you won’t risk taking out your DIY arsenal when it comes to installation.
- Recurring leaks: the carpet would repeatedly leak at the bypass valve according to some notices because the hose clamps are missing on delivery. To avoid this kind of problem, make sure you have the complete equipment.
5. VidaXL Heater Sensor Solar Heating
If you are still in doubt as to which pool heater to choose, we advise you to take a look at the features of this VidaXL reference. It is especially appreciated for the fact that it is powered by the sun’s rays, which results in significant savings, despite the comfort level being maintained.
This energy production dome is only 71.5 cm long and 71.5 cm wide. With its dimensions, you can easily find a place to put it without being disturbed by its presence. Moreover, it weighs only 2 kg, which will allow you to move it without difficulty.
It is easy to set up thanks to the various accessories supplied with the article. This model is suitable for all types of pools, whether you have an in-ground or above-ground pool.
- Reduced dimensions: The size of this equipment represents its main asset. It can be easily integrated into your space without occupying it entirely or hindering your movements.
- Practical accessories: Several accessories are supplied with this equipment, which is also inexpensive so that you can set it up easily. You will find 3 adapters, 6 clamps, and Teflon tape.
- Rigid pipe: According to users, the connecting pipe is rather difficult to handle. Handling is somewhat complicated because it lacks some flexibility.
Swimming is always fun. We can’t enjoy these moments with family or friends when the weather doesn’t agree. The cold, rain and even the night are often obstacles to going to the pool. That’s why there is a pool heater. The only thing left to do is to choose the right one, and in this regard, we can refer to its design, its power and its mode of use.
There are several models of water heaters for use in heating the pool. This buying guide for the best pool heaters is a great help. In general, pool heating systems use a heat pump, a solar blanket, a heat exchanger, or an electric heater with solar panels.
In addition, the presentation of these types of water heaters is very varied. So if we consider only the design, the electric heater is the one that seems to be the most aesthetic compared to the other types of appliances. However, these distinctions result in different prices in a price comparator.
One wonders how to buy a pool water heater at a better price-quality ratio. Always refer to the actual needs and purpose of use. Indeed, any appliance purchased must obviously match the dimensions of the pool to ensure a balance between resource and use. So, when considering where to buy a new pool heater, this information should be kept in mind.
As you can see, pool heaters are also distinguished by their power and consumption. Therefore, apart from the design of the appliance, it is also important to know how to choose what corresponds to the use you want to make of it.
However, it should not be forgotten that some heating systems are energy-consuming, such as electric heaters, and others are more economical in the long term, but more expensive to buy, namely the pool heat pump. The advice given in this article will help you to choose what is best for you.
Ease of installation and use
It is always more interesting to have a device that is easy to handle. This aspect of the product is usually an essential criterion for purchase. There are no particular constraints related to the installation of a pool water heater.
Moreover, its installation does not affect the pool’s existing equipment in any way. The only step you must take is to check that the heating system is well adapted to the pool and to your needs; this step is usually carried out by a heating installation specialist.
As for usage, no complications should arise. All types are easy to use. Depending on his choice, the user only has to monitor the maintenance of the pool and the heater itself. In this way, there is no reason to have complications during use.