Mosquito killers are the ideal solution for those who want to avoid chemicals and toxic products at all costs. However, it is still necessary to choose the right one for the use you wish to make of them. To do this, identify some purchasing criteria such as the power and size of the device.
You will need different models depending on whether you are invading an entire colony or just a dozen insects per night. Whether you only use it at home or on the road also depends on how you use it. Maneuverability is still an element not to be neglected to find the most efficient one. And don’t forget the autonomy.
In this comparison of how to choose the best mosquito killers, we’ve listed a few items that might be of interest to you. The Enkeeo Rechargeable Battery is synonymous with practicality, while the CroLED Non-toxic Radiation-Free shines with its multifunctionality.
The 5 Best Mosquito Killing Lamps of 2020
1. Enkeeo Anti Mosquito Lamp Camping Lantern Bug Zapper
- Practical: It cleans easily underwater without fear of damage, can be installed anywhere and seems very simple to use.
- Adequate size for travel: This 8.8 cm*12.9 cm rechargeable lamp weighs only 400 g and is easy to carry.
- Recharging time a little long: The lamp takes about 2 to 4 hours to fully recharge. If you compare it to models that are ready in just one hour, it has some catching up to do.
2. CroLED Anti Mosquito Lamp 9W
This product is practical in the sense that it is screwed directly to the base like any other classic lamp. However, it consumes 3 times less from the top of its 9 W. This avoids the need to spend money on batteries or recharging.
So you can light a room and destroy pests at the same time. Moreover, it is possible to use it only as lighting, mosquito repellent or both thanks to the 3 integrated modes that can be controlled by just one pressure.
The high-intensity light covers a perimeter of about 30 to 40 m2 without emitting radiation into the entire room. It can, therefore, be installed in a children’s room without fear. The red and violet light mimics the human body temperature in mosquitoes making its attraction effective.
The article can be used indoors, but also on the balcony, in a camp, and in areas where mosquitoes are very common, such as a breeding site or near a water source.
- Delivered as a complete kit: In the package, you will find a practical brush to clean the lamp from mosquito remains.
- Wide range: This lamp attracts mosquitoes from about 30 meters away, or even a little more with its ultraviolet light. So you don’t have to put it close by at night to enjoy it.
- Attracts mosquitoes only: Some consumers would have liked this lamp to be as effective on flies during the day. This is not the case.
3. Aspectek UV LED Mosquito Lamp Kills Flies
Being overwhelmed by a ton of mosquitoes every night makes you wonder where to buy the best mosquito killer that can get rid of that annoyance. The Aspectek 20 W is one of those so-called professional models capable of continuous carnage.
Its imposing size compared to some products allows it to attract and burn a good quantity of insects once and not only mosquitoes. The specimen exerts its effect over a distance of 24 m. It can be placed on a flat surface or suspended using the supplied chain.
The tray where the electrocuted insects land can be emptied and cleaned in a few simple steps, which is advantageous for those who do not want to touch it at all. Simply grab the container and turn it over over the open bin. Then you put it underwater and voilà. If you have pets or children, there is no risk of them accessing the tube and injuring themselves thanks to the protective grid.
- Lightning power: Users have testified that this lamp sprays anything that comes through. Placed near an opening, it wreaks havoc.
- Kills mosquitoes and flies: Unlike some models designed solely to neutralize mosquitoes, this one allows you to be quiet day and night. Aspectek may well win the award for the best brand of mosquito repellent lamp for this.
- A little noisy: The noise insects make when they come in contact with the tubes is quite striking. It takes time for some people to get used to it.
4. Aushen LED UV Mosquito Repellent Lamp Camping Lamp
- Selectable lighting mode: By switching from Lantern mode to Killer Mosquito mode at the touch of a button, you can save several hours and enjoy up to 18 hours.
- Built-in charge indicator: By looking at the charge indicator, you can easily see the status of the battery. When it’s green, it means the lamp is ready.
- Action to review: Consumers say that it’s not as effective as it should be. The electrifying grid is said to lack the power to kill insects suddenly or even attract them.
5. Gorgebuy Portable Solar Mosquito Lamp
This designer lamp fights mosquitoes and at the same time decorates the garden. However, it can also be used indoors. It can be hung or placed on a flat surface because of its design. As it has a classic LED and a UV LED, it can be used as simple lighting or as a mosquito repellent.
You don’t have to worry about leaving it outside, as it is completely waterproof. If it’s raining, it remains intact. This also makes it easy to clean. Being dustproof and made of stainless steel and hard ABS plastic, this mosquito repellent lamp has a long life span.
The product is available in a compact size, perfect for travel and outings: 13 x 13 x 22.5 cm. So it takes up very little space in your hiking bag and a tiny tent.
- Wear resistance: The stainless steel and plastic that make up this model are resistant to water and dust.
- Well-thought-out design: Its format and manufacture underline its versatility. Thus, we are in the presence of an indoor and outdoor lamp at the same time.
- Autonomy leaves something to be desired: The lamp takes about 6 to 8 hours to fully charge. It takes a maximum of 8 hours to fully charge.
So, these are the 5 best Mosquito Killers in 2020. We hope that you find the product best suited to your needs.