Caring for your garden is more than just watering plants and cutting weeds. It’s also about doing a little bit of housework. Trees and flowers, although beautiful to look at, also make rubbish. This is why you must get a leaf blower. However, if you are not familiar with this type of product, it can be a real challenge.
We advise you to pay attention to certain tactical points such as the category of the machine (electric or thermal), the weight, the power and the accessories supplied with the machine in question. In the following guide, we will direct you to the specimen that might suit your user profile. This is the example of the GT Garden thermal appreciated for its high power and the Ryobi 1820 S recommended for its compact and light design.
Top 6 Best Leaf Blowers of 2020
1. GT Garden Blower Vacuum Blower Cleaner Shredder Thermal
This blower from GT Garden allows you to gather a good quantity of leaves and twigs in a given location, but even better, it sucks them directly and crushes them. This versatility makes cleaning in an alleyway or on a lawn much easier. You won’t have to empty its large 50-liter bag often.
And when it comes to power, the beast has it in its belly. In blower mode, it propels the air at up to 225 km/h, so you’ll be able to get the job done in no time. This is proven by the opinions gathered on sales sites.
The thermal model, with its total autonomy and firepower, is a good companion if you want to quickly get rid of an area of more than 1000 m2. On the other hand, it will require a lot of maintenance and a certain strength due to its weight, which is higher than that of an electric version. It runs on a mixture of SP95 or SP98 with 2.5% synthetic 2-stroke engine oil.
However, the manufacturer has integrated a priming pump to simplify starting.
- Appreciable power: This article is intended for the private individual who has a large garden. Indeed, this model can easily cope with a large area of up to 1000 m² or more.
- Multifunction: This specimen plays several roles apart from that of a blower. For example, it can vacuum and grind on demand.
- Good capacity of the recovery bag: The capacity of this component is 50 L. You will not have to empty this compartment in the middle of your activities. You won’t waste your time unnecessarily on this task.
- Good value for money: This device is both efficient and offered at a very reasonable cost. Consumers say they have made a good investment.
- Noise: With a noise level of 113 dB, the use of this machine could disturb more than one. Wearing a helmet is essential during operations.
2. Ryobi OBL1820S Plastic Blower
- Good grip: The designers of this model focused on user comfort. To this end, they have given this device a compact design and lightweight. And to keep everything under control, a special handle has also been integrated.
- Powerful: This specimen can reach a working speed of 245 km/h. So it won’t take you long to complete your job even over a large area.
- Quiet: To further guarantee the owner’s enthusiasm for his task, the manufacturers of this machine have adapted it so that it does not make too much annoying noise. This means that you will not have to wear a helmet during your operations.
- Price: Since this item is inexpensive compared to so many others on the market, one tends to think that it is of poor quality.
3. Einhell Cordless Blower GE-CL 18 Li E Kit
The Power X-Change is sold as a complete kit with battery and charger. You can then get to work as soon as you receive the product. Its battery can be mounted on any other tool in the range (drill, screwdriver, chainsaw, lawnmower, scarifier, and many others), and vice versa. It’s handy in everyday life to enjoy a full battery every time.
This model features an ergonomic power variator. Thanks to this function, you will be able to use it for work at different levels of difficulty. You’ll save a few minutes by using it every time you need to do a light cleaning.
Indicator lights have been installed on the device to let you know the battery status at all times. The 2.0 Ah lithium-ion battery lasts about 4 hours. This means you don’t have to recharge it often if you use it for 2 hours a week, for example. Another advantage is that it takes only 40 minutes to charge.
For those who value comfort in the art of knowing how to choose the best leaf blowers for 2020, this handy little Einhell model is a perfect choice. Once the job is done, it slips neatly into a corner of your garage, closet or tool shed.
- Practical: This equipment has no wire. The user will be much freer in his movements and comings and goings.
- Reliable: You can expect quality from the brand. The 3-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship confirms this. So if you still don’t know which leaf blower to choose, don’t hesitate.
- Good autonomy: Thanks to its lithium battery, you will be able to work for up to 4 hours non-stop. So you don’t have to worry about running out of fuel in the middle of the action. Also, the recharging operation only takes a total of 40 minutes for a minimal loss of time.
- Reduced effectiveness: Some users say that this article would be difficult to treat wet leaves. This is still a shame considering the price of this product.
4. Makita BHX2501 4-Stroke Blower
This 4-stroke engine blower from Makita seems to be an indispensable ally when dealing with large areas, difficult terrain, and laborious cleaning. This type of engine pollutes less than 2-stroke models, also consumes 40% less fuel and generates 4 times less noise. It generates a blowing speed of 64.6 m/s, which is very useful for quickly finishing what you’ve started.
Its design has been thought out to make the filling and emptying the fuel tank easier, as well as the maintenance of the product. All you have to do is remove the nozzle, position the unit on its side and pour the Super Unleaded without mixing. The latter is available just about everywhere.
In fact, if you’re wondering which is the best leaf blower on the market, in the thermal category, it might as well be this one. The same goes for starting. The switch dedicated to this purpose is placed within easy reach on the upper part of the handle.
The model acts as a blower and vacuum cleaner at the same time. However, to benefit from the second option, you will have to buy a separate kit from the same manufacturer. With its dimensions of 41.6 x 37.2 x 28 cm, the BHX2501 fits easily into a corner.
- Thrifty: This specimen consumes 40% less than most of its kind. Even if you plan to use it intensively, it won’t have a significant impact on your electricity bill.
- Easy to store: The size of this item is far from cumbersome. You will be able to store it easily in your garage or cellar.
- Convenient: So that you can operate it intuitively, you can easily access the start button of this product on the top of its handle.
- Expensive: Even though everyone says that this is a powerful and efficient device, many people are still hesitant to buy it because of its somewhat high price.
5. Bosch Cordless Blower ALB 18 LI 1 battery
Already with this wireless model from Bosch, you can come and go as you please on your terrace or garden without being bothered. As far as the autonomy of the reference is concerned, you can be reassured. It is equipped with Simeon technology that optimally manages power consumption.
You avoid wasting energy, no matter what the nature of the work. The 18 V lithium-ion battery ensures that the device keeps the same power throughout the entire duration and also eliminates the risks of discharge. If you forget to charge it before using the blower, you can use the battery of your other garden tools in the same range, Power4all, and vice versa. This compatibility has been studied by the manufacturer to make your daily life easier.
This blower is not the most powerful, but it is still able to stand out from most of the other models in our comparison with its 210 km/h blowing speed. It is indeed able to take off wet leaves without difficulty.
- Low weight: After testing the buyers, the tool is so light that it can be held with one hand, which gives more freedom and comfort. This handling of the tool could earn Bosch the title of the best sheet blower brand, a few manufacturers have been able to meet this challenge.
- Space-saving: As the tube is detached from the unit, the blower takes up very little space when stowed away.
- Good blower speed: The blower speed is 210 km/h. With this performance, you’ll no longer have trouble getting rid of wet leaves that have difficulty detaching from the soil in your garden.
- Battery not supplied: Many were taken by surprise at this level, as it is not always indicated in the descriptions on the Net. However, rest assured, this is a unique model that you will have no trouble finding on the market.
6. Black & Decker GW3031BP-QS Vacuum Blower
When it comes to ergonomics, we’ve seen rare ones like this in our ranking and everywhere else. The flexible hose connected to the head of the device and the soft grip handle increase tenfold the handling of the product and the comfort felt during its use. The nozzle can go anywhere, even in the most difficult to reach places.
The backpack as a waste collection bin minimizes the space requirement and makes it much easier to move the tool around if you are planning to compare it with other specimens in general. The material is also easy to maintain. Thanks to its closing system with a clip flap, you will not even take 10 minutes to empty it.
This blower-vacuum shredder that can go up to 418 km/h cleans your exterior in a few minutes, no matter what obstacles are encountered in its path (wet leaves or other). Because of its prowess, many call it the best leaf blower on this list.
It comes with two tubes, narrow and wide, so you can easily switch from one mode to the other. If you have difficulty collecting plants despite the obvious power of the item, you can pull out the rake claw supplied in the pack.
- High working speed: Thanks to its speed of 418 km/h, you won’t have to spend too much time on your duties. With this capacity, this equipment is also suitable for large areas.
- Accessorized: This equipment is not only powerful. It makes your life easier if you are confronted with certain obstacles. To do this, the designer provides you with a raking claw.
- Easy maintenance: The closing device with clip flap makes it easy to empty this product. You can maintain it quickly without too much trouble.
- Heavy: The weight of this item makes it impractical to use. Indeed, some people have complained about it and wished that it was less cumbersome.
In autumn, leaves begin to fall. This gives the frame some charm at first, but when they become too dry, the garden is much less attractive. Nowadays, the use of traditional rake is obsolete, especially if you have a large space. So this article provides you with advice on how to buy a more cost-effective leaf blower.
Depending on the model chosen, this device has some differences. There are three specific types of machines. The first is a simple blower. It is very light and has only one function. There is also the vacuum blower. In this case, there is no need to pick up any more, because everything is already stored in a bag.
Some have a shredder in addition to these two functions. This specimen is ideal not only for collecting twigs but also for shredding them. It will also save you space in the container.
Of course, the choice should depend on the use and the size of the area to be treated. But you also need to know where to buy a new leaf blower to make sure you have the specimen you are looking for.
Being the part that houses the engine, the housing must be both flexible and resistant at the same time. Usually made of plastic, it also incorporates control buttons. Its design must be ergonomic and space-saving. A guide handle is located on this element to handle the entire device without great difficulty.
Also, it must have attachment points for hanging the shoulder strap. In some cases, castors may even be available to make the product easier to use. This means that you will be less tired when traveling over a large area with your machine. In the case of a stand-alone model, a power source housing must be available on this unit.
In this buying guide for the best leaf blowers, we also recommend that you pay attention to certain components such as the nozzle. This is the component that is used to direct the air from the motor to the outside. It should be very flexible, allowing you to handle it without difficulty.
If you are using a hand model, this part has a fairly short length. Besides, an adjustable extension can be installed for added convenience. Some models are sold with different nozzles or also bags. The blower can then easily be converted into a vacuum cleaner or shredder.
Inside the housing, the engine starts the turbine to generate air. The blower is therefore dependent on two important criteria. To better understand this characteristic, we must first look at the power. It is presented in Watts for specimens to be connected to the mains and in Volt for those using a battery. The higher the unit, the more flux the motor produces.
The performance of the unit also depends on it. They are determined according to the wind input. To investigate the speed in kilometers per hour. By going to price comparison, you will be able to find a model that meets your expectations and at a price within your budget.